Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rib rack from

Options
Tractor
Tractor Posts: 288
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do any of you use a rib rack like this one from bbqblanton.com on your Eggs? I'm curious if there's a great benefit to owning one of them...[p]
[ul][li]http://www.bbqblanton.com/hardyribrack.htm[/ul]

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Tractor,
    I have one and love it...The rack is really well made and will hold alot of ribs.
    Larry

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    YB has one and I used it at the last Geezerfest. Solid as a rock. It's a little pricey, but worth it IMHO.[p]Jim
  • Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Options
    Tractor, I'm sure it works great, but that's more than a little pricey. I bought a rib rack from a local dealer that is also 1'4" steel, the same length and width, 5" high vs. 4 1/4", which helps keep spare ribs from laying over as far, and also holds 6 racks. The only thing missing is the handles, and the cost was $25. It was sitting on a Ducane gas grill in the store, but I don't know who makes it. They had another larger size that was too long for a large egg that cost $40.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    JSlot,
    Geezerfest? tell me more please.

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    spiralcook.jpg
    <p />Tractor, I made a sprial rack out of 1/4 inch stainless to fit the egg. There are six racks of ribs in the picture and cooked indirect with a pizza stone and apple juice drip pan under the ribs. Remember you have to clean what you use, so what ever you buy or build, keep the cleaning thought in your mind. My rack unscrews and goes in the dishwasher. [p]I don't see stainless mentioned with the Blanton rack. Tom

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    A bunch of us old "geezers" just meet up at somebody's house and cook all weekend. LOL.[p]Jim
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    img82l.jpg
    <p />Tractor,[p]This is the one I use from Williams-Sonoma. It's a tall one at 15 1/4" x 9 1/4" x 5 1/4" and works great for $19.[p]Then again, Sandbagger has the best one![p]Cheers,[p]GM
    [ul][li]Williams Sonoma Rib Rack.[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Options
    GrillMeister, mine looks pretty much like yours except the rods are rectangular instead of rounded. Yours looks easier to clean.[p]But Sandbagger's ROCKS!

• JDOTR
    JDOTR Posts: 85
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I use this same rib rack... It works great.
    Chet