Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

multi-level grids

guavawood
guavawood Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do they work? Checked out Naked Whiz site and want to make a multi-level grill using the homemade raised grid but maybe sit on the first grill? Has anyone done this? I want to cook for racks of spares on Sat. AND 2 whole chickens at the same time and don't think I can get them to fit on one grill. [p]Any pics greatly appreciated![p]Thanks![p]Greg

Comments

• 31MVC-004S.jpg
    <p />guava wood,[p]I use a stacked setup with the grid extender on the bottom to hold my drip pan. I don't have pictures of whole chickens but you can do 6 butterflied chickens at one time in this setup. [p]31MVC-003S.jpg[p]The top grid justs lifts off the setup for servicing the lower grid. [p]8MVC-020E.jpg[p]Here is two butts and four small brisket flats.[p]Dave

• guavawood
    guavawood Posts: 213
    Old Dave,[p]Thanks![p]So your original grid is middle one I assume..22" and top looks 22" so the bottom is 16" I'm guessing? Is the middle grate at same place and your lower grill is lower than original grill level. Do you have a picture of it in the egg? Hey thanks a lot for the pic. I'm running to the hardware store today to make mine.[p]Aloha![p]Greg Kemp
  • guava wood,[p]The grids I use are the standard Weber replacement grids for the 18-1/2 kettle or the WSM. You really need these grids with handles as it makes the setup easier to use. The lower is the BGE Grid Extender and this is used for the drip pan. And yes, the middle grid is setting on top of the fire ring just like the standard grid does in the cooker. [p]4ribsbge1Mvc-010e.jpg[p]This is 6 slabs of ribs in the cooker.[p]boe6Mvc-005e.jpg[p]This is 4 butts in the cooker but I am not sure you can see the lower level. [p]Hope this answers your questions but if not, send me a note.[p]Dave

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Old Dave,[p]I think you've figured out how to feed a small army on one ceramic cooker. Nice job, and thanks for the pics![p]Later,
    Cornfed