Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Magic: inferior chicken meets the Egg and suddenly improves

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In a big rush the other day -- no time to shop for decent meat or chicken. Picked up two cheap "national brand" chickens processed in the Deep South and then shipped out West in a semi-frozen state -- no names, but you probably know the brand I mean. Kind of big birds [5 lb. each], kind of fatty, odd grayish color. Not the sort of thing I would usually cook.[p]Took 'em home. Chopped 'em in half. Slathered 'em with cheap yellow mustard and season salt. Slapped 'em on the Egg at 300 with some oak chunks. 90 min. later, magic. Those generic chickens were brown and tender and smokey, and the fat had dripped off. [p]Moral of the story -- yes, the Egg costs several hundred bucks, but I wonder if we could make up the difference over time by buying really cheap meat?? [Probably not a good idea.]

Comments