Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another Good Meatloaf Recipe

edited 7:44AM in EggHead Forum
Today we did the meatloaf recipe (called Miracle Meatloaf) that appeared in a Char Crust newsletter. It was so good that I just now posted it. It uses the Smoky Spicy Southwest Char Crust, so has a nice spicy bite to it. Instead of using a loaf pan, I used a piece of heavy-duty foil, on which I placed two loaves (same as I've seen someone do here with Mex meatloaf) . They came off at 160 deg internal and rested about 20 min. I'll do this one again.

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    George, Great job on the meat loaf, and I wonder why I don't get that newsy letter..Yikes..I ordered a double load of that Char-Crust stuff a while back. Restocked the Garlic and peppercorn.
    C~W[p]

• Char-Woody, I have received only one newsletter issue, and that was when I asked for a list of Char Crust retailers. This issue listed all of the stores and restaurants that sell or use their product. Included was the meatloaf recipe. I convinced a local store to stock some, and Char Crust sent me a comp 5-pack for the recommendation.[p]
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    George, way to go George.. I did the same thing, but didn't get the freebies...:-(
    Sad day at flat rock cooking school!! :-)
    C~W[p]