Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Good Meatloaf Recipe

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today we did the meatloaf recipe (called Miracle Meatloaf) that appeared in a Char Crust newsletter. It was so good that I just now posted it. It uses the Smoky Spicy Southwest Char Crust, so has a nice spicy bite to it. Instead of using a loaf pan, I used a piece of heavy-duty foil, on which I placed two loaves (same as I've seen someone do here with Mex meatloaf) . They came off at 160 deg internal and rested about 20 min. I'll do this one again.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    George, Great job on the meat loaf, and I wonder why I don't get that newsy letter..Yikes..I ordered a double load of that Char-Crust stuff a while back. Restocked the Garlic and peppercorn.
    C~W[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Char-Woody, I have received only one newsletter issue, and that was when I asked for a list of Char Crust retailers. This issue listed all of the stores and restaurants that sell or use their product. Included was the meatloaf recipe. I convinced a local store to stock some, and Char Crust sent me a comp 5-pack for the recommendation.[p]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    George, way to go George.. I did the same thing, but didn't get the freebies...:-(
    Sad day at flat rock cooking school!! :-)
    C~W[p]