Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Any favorite Salmon prep/recipe suggestions?

RLARLA Posts: 89
edited 12:25PM in EggHead Forum
I want to do Salmon this weekend....any suggestions as to how to prepare/marinade ???
And.....any special "egging" (cooking) instructions?
Bob

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    05_03_0017_21_03.jpg
    <p />Bob... my favorite is Gretl's 'Salmon with Dijon Bourbon Glaze' - I've done it twice and it was perfect both times. [p]RRP (he lives around the corner) just sent me his version or variation of Gretl's recipe which I plan to add to my recipe section tomorrow - if you ask nice, maybe he'll send it to you![p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,387
    RLA,
    Mary posted a very nice marinade (link below). She uses it with an alder plank, but I have used her recipe, with some brown sugar and butter added. I marinate it at room temp for an hour or 2. I like salmon filets grilled at 400-450 for about 6 minutes a side. Though a lot of folks prefer them cooked slower over heavy smoke. It is a very versatile fish. The only mistake you can make is overcooking it. [p]Bourbon makes a nice addition.[p]You should get a lot of great ideas here.[p]NB

[ul][li]Mary's Killer Salmon Marinade[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings