Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Any favorite Salmon prep/recipe suggestions?

RLARLA Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to do Salmon this weekend....any suggestions as to how to prepare/marinade ???
And.....any special "egging" (cooking) instructions?
Bob

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    05_03_0017_21_03.jpg
    <p />Bob... my favorite is Gretl's 'Salmon with Dijon Bourbon Glaze' - I've done it twice and it was perfect both times. [p]RRP (he lives around the corner) just sent me his version or variation of Gretl's recipe which I plan to add to my recipe section tomorrow - if you ask nice, maybe he'll send it to you![p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,293
    RLA,
    Mary posted a very nice marinade (link below). She uses it with an alder plank, but I have used her recipe, with some brown sugar and butter added. I marinate it at room temp for an hour or 2. I like salmon filets grilled at 400-450 for about 6 minutes a side. Though a lot of folks prefer them cooked slower over heavy smoke. It is a very versatile fish. The only mistake you can make is overcooking it. [p]Bourbon makes a nice addition.[p]You should get a lot of great ideas here.[p]NB

[ul][li]Mary's Killer Salmon Marinade[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings