Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any favorite Salmon prep/recipe suggestions?

RLA
RLA Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to do Salmon this weekend....any suggestions as to how to prepare/marinade ???
And.....any special "egging" (cooking) instructions?
Bob

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    05_03_0017_21_03.jpg
    <p />Bob... my favorite is Gretl's 'Salmon with Dijon Bourbon Glaze' - I've done it twice and it was perfect both times. [p]RRP (he lives around the corner) just sent me his version or variation of Gretl's recipe which I plan to add to my recipe section tomorrow - if you ask nice, maybe he'll send it to you![p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    RLA,
    Mary posted a very nice marinade (link below). She uses it with an alder plank, but I have used her recipe, with some brown sugar and butter added. I marinate it at room temp for an hour or 2. I like salmon filets grilled at 400-450 for about 6 minutes a side. Though a lot of folks prefer them cooked slower over heavy smoke. It is a very versatile fish. The only mistake you can make is overcooking it. [p]Bourbon makes a nice addition.[p]You should get a lot of great ideas here.[p]NB

[ul][li]Mary's Killer Salmon Marinade[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ