Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Steer Butt steak and Potato

Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What a meal!![p]Last night the wife was out with her sister, so I had the egg all to myself. :-)[p]I ran by the store on the way home searching to right piece of cow -- boy, did I find it! A nice 1.5" thick steer butt steak! This cut of meat looks just like a strip steak, but is more tender, and IMO has a better flavor.[p]I marinated it in olive oil, salt, pepper, worchestershire, red wine, fresh crushed garlic and some Dales.[p]I sliced up a yukon golf potato in 1/2 inch slices and brushed the slices with olive oil and spinkled with salt and pepper. [p]I egged the potatos at 450 for around 15 minutes. That's pretty much a guess though. I was drinking red wine on the new deck without a watch on. I pulled the taters off when they were done and open up the vents. I got the dome to around 600 and threw on the cow. SIZZLE!! I just love that sound. [p]Drank some wine. Tried a tater. HOT!! HOT!! drank more wine.[p]Flipped the steak.[p]drank some wine. tater still hot. drank wine. flipped steak (for the criss-cross markings) and shut the egg up. Let the steak dwell for a while. (still no watch.)[p]Pulled off the steak. rare. back on for another few sips of wine.[p]Med. rare. Perfect![p]What a flavor! outstanding! It was cheaper than every other cut of meat I saw at the store too![p]Happy weekend egging, everyone![p]B~F

Comments