Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork chops and Incredible corn.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
chopscorn.jpg
<p />That is the actually name of this corn, Incredible corn. These guys have really got it going on. You can eat it raw it is so tender and sweet before cooking.
I'm not a big fan of cooking in the husk, I guess because I never tried it.[p]Anyway DP on the chops and will sprinkle Raging River on the corn. I have 2 more weeks to get this corn. If you are in the KC area, you ought to make the small trip to Harrisonville. $4.50 ? a dozen.[p]Mike

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Now THAT looks goooooood. Bet you have already eat.

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, I used to hunt that Silver Queen corn when it first came out. Everybody has a variation of it now. That's some good lookin corn there. Wonder what whiskey made from it might taste like? 8^O

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    barbqr-Ken,
    Just finished up, a dozen ears in 2 days for the wife and I. Headed down tommorrow to get more. Going to try to use a food saver this year on some and freeze. Any ideas on that thought.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    sigmore,
    Mighty tasty also. They really do a great job of growing.[p]Mike

• Unknown
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Did you get the big car wash open?? What area is it in?[p]We could use one of those in the fl panhandle!

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Bill & AB,
    That would be a long way to go to work every morning. LOL This wash is in Greenwood, MO. South of KC, MO about 15 minutes. I have about 2 weeks or less to go.
    It has the same number of bays as my other wash but much more impressive, structure and equipment wise.
    This will be my fifth one, I really think I'm done.
    Right location, build it they will come.[p]Mike

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, That corn looks great. Is corn now in season for you. I've trying to find corn here in BiG D, but everything is too small, not worth the trouble. It's only a matter of time before the good stuff starts showing up. Tom

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    Has been for about 3 weeks and got 2-3 weeks more to go for Missouri corn. Later we have people come from Iowa and Colorado to deliver their corn.
    It has not been a bumper crop year due to low rainfall, but that was dang good.[p]17.6 index this month from the whites.[p]Mike

• Unknown
    Options
    Mom and Dad canned corn all the time. All I remember is that they blanched the corn first, cut it off the cob , placed in bags and put in freezer.
    Sorry i'm not much help

• Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    You should try it cooked "in husk". I use Tyler Florence's method. Don't do anything except stick them in the middle rack of the oven @ 350 for about 35-40 mins. I haven't cooked corn any other way since I first tried this.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• Unknown
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]
    Cool, looks very impressive![p]:)