Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

drip pan disaster... lesson learned

pipedreampipedream Posts: 58
edited 4:05AM in EggHead Forum

Well, Another BGE lesson learned.
I soaked some Hickory Chips all morning,
cleaned out my Large BGE really good,
built me a nice pile of fresh lump,
brought the fire up to a stable 225,
had my plate setter inverted with grid on top and was ready to go smoking!!!
I had 2 six pound boston butts rubbed down with mustard and my favorite dry rub but when I placed the drip pan onto the grid I let the water tip over and run down on to my beautiful fire!
Oh well, It did not put it completely out but it will certainly set me back... Good thing I am not serving these butts till tomorrow night huh?
Do you guys use a little water in your drip pans?
And what do you use for drip pans? I was using a disposable metal pan.
·

Comments

• GreendriverGreendriver Posts: 128
    disposables are really nice, just take your water or liquid out in a pitcher from now on and keep the disposables.
    ·