Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

keeping brisket juicy

Options
Luvmyegg
Luvmyegg Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,[p]I love the flavor of brisket on the egg, but want to keep in the juices. (My last one was a little dry). Should I wrap it in foil? If so, when? Thanks.[p]Barbara

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    luvmyegg,
    We wrap the brisket in foil right after it is finished cooking - for about an hour. Some folks - and I've tried this successfully also - wrap the brisket after 2-7 hours of lo-n-slo and continue cooking until done. This speeds up the cooking time significantly, but leaves less of a crust; still very tasty. Have fun.

• Unknown
    Options
    luvmyegg,[p]I'm interested in seeing responses as this is the $64,000 questions as brisket is just a poor piece of meat that just tends to be dry. [p]Even when I go to a NY deli that would keep corn beef in a steamer all day can be dry too. I was actaully thinking of getting a Prime piece of brisket 1st cut or other to see if they maintain more mositure than Choice[p]Howard

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    luvmyegg,
    i havent done a lot of briskets, but have found that cooking at low temps and wrapping for an hour or 2 after it is fully cooked with tinfoil helps a lot. wrap after it is cooked and rest in a cooler. now when i cut them they are plenty juicy, however a few minutes later on the table they are somewhat dry. for serving to keep them moist, i boil down some beef broth and add a little sauce and rub, when i unwrap the brisket i pour the juices into the broth and drizzle this lite sauce all over the slices

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it