Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

keeping brisket juicy

LuvmyeggLuvmyegg Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,[p]I love the flavor of brisket on the egg, but want to keep in the juices. (My last one was a little dry). Should I wrap it in foil? If so, when? Thanks.[p]Barbara

Comments

• MarvinMarvin Posts: 515
    luvmyegg,
    We wrap the brisket in foil right after it is finished cooking - for about an hour. Some folks - and I've tried this successfully also - wrap the brisket after 2-7 hours of lo-n-slo and continue cooking until done. This speeds up the cooking time significantly, but leaves less of a crust; still very tasty. Have fun.

• luvmyegg,[p]I'm interested in seeing responses as this is the $64,000 questions as brisket is just a poor piece of meat that just tends to be dry. [p]Even when I go to a NY deli that would keep corn beef in a steamer all day can be dry too. I was actaully thinking of getting a Prime piece of brisket 1st cut or other to see if they maintain more mositure than Choice[p]Howard

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,032
    luvmyegg,
    i havent done a lot of briskets, but have found that cooking at low temps and wrapping for an hour or 2 after it is fully cooked with tinfoil helps a lot. wrap after it is cooked and rest in a cooler. now when i cut them they are plenty juicy, however a few minutes later on the table they are somewhat dry. for serving to keep them moist, i boil down some beef broth and add a little sauce and rub, when i unwrap the brisket i pour the juices into the broth and drizzle this lite sauce all over the slices