Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe help, please....

J Appledog
J Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am putting together a recipe booklet. All recipes (except for dog biscuits) utilize at least one Mrs. Dog's product. If any of you have created something with mustard, jerk, pepper sauce or spiced nuts (even another brand) that you are willing to share with me, I'd really appreciate it and, if we use it, I will happily send you the booklet & a product sampler when it is completed.[p]Also, rumor has it that All Cajun is out of business. ( I do not know this to be fact but I have been unable to contact them). We do have Bruci's Blend in stock for any addicts out there...[p]Bone appétit! Julie
[ul][li]Unleash the Flavor![/ul]

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    J Appledog,[p]I posted this one on Basso's forum a while back and got plenty of good feedback. You will probably want to edit out the foreign brand names and my editorial nonsense. Also many have suggested doubling or tripling the amount of honey. Tried that and I concur.[p]Do I qualify??[p]Hope you are feeling better.[p]K~G[p]
    [ul][li]Jerked shrimp[/ul]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    J Appledog,[p]I just made some Nuclear Pork Chops. Two chops. Probably two + Tbsp of jerk plus extra virgin olive oil mixed with several drops of Hab sauce. Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and completely covered with cayenne. Let marinade for 2 full days. Grilled direct at about 300 til about 150 internal temp.[p]I was enjoying one of these today when Smokin' Todd showed up. He commented that my forehead was sweating while I ate one of the chops. These things were UNBELIEVABLE!!! The heat was AWESOME and the flavor was even better! I gave Todd a quick taste and he commented that the flavor was amazing followed by the taste of perfectly cooked pork followed by some heat.[p]Don't know if this would qualify since I don't know exact quantities. Also, I don't know if everyone wants their chops this spicey. For me, at least, this one's a keeper that I will definitely do again![p]Cornfed