Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Easier Way?

Options
Chicago Wine Geek
Chicago Wine Geek Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There has to be an easier way to navigate this forum....

I don't want to be the 34,679 post that says, "Newbie Pulled Pork Question". Can't there be separate areas for, I don't know, something like this:

Cooking Pork
Butt
Ribs
Chops
Loin

I've done plenty of searches here and it just seems to be difficult to get answers to questions that I know have been asked a million times. The only other forum I hang out in (wine) is SO much easier to get around and find what you need.

And I'd love to have an area of just pictures of cooked food! After I tell someone about my egg, I try to find a pic. of killer pulled pork and search for hours....

Now that I've gotten my first Egg, I've shaved my head and drank the kool aid, just trying not to ask you guys the same questions that you've answered a million times....

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Chicago Wine Geek,

Our forum has been in operation since 1997 -- way before vbuliten, phpbb, and all the other "modern", "fancy", forums. It is based upon the venerable "Matt's Script Archive" forum which was available back then; and, most of our forum members are happy with this forum.

Most of our members, say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it;" however, because we realize that there are many useful features in these newer forums, we are working to upgrade and improve our forum software to provide these benefits.

But, at the same time, we are working to keep available the same old place our members have come to love -- after all, it is they that, for years, have patiently answered question after redundant question. For them, our forum is first and foremost a social experience. They enjoy helping others to get the same eggcellent resuls as they've had.

If you're interested in some of their comments and conerns about changing the forum software, you can check out this thread. I found it searching the new forum for "new forum".

We are working hard to improve what we have without destroying what we have. It's not always easy with so many conflicting requirements (e.g. separate message areas for orginazation versus free flowing conversational forum -- it's not so easy to get both.)
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    testing inline login during post.
  • Chicago Wine Geek
    Options
    WMK wrote:
    Chicago Wine Geek,

Our forum has been in operation since 1997 -- way before vbuliten, phpbb, and all the other "modern", "fancy", forums. It is based upon the venerable "Matt's Script Archive" forum which was available back then; and, most of our forum members are happy with this forum.

Most of our members, say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it;" however, because we realize that there are many useful features in these newer forums, we are working to upgrade and improve our forum software to provide these benefits.

But, at the same time, we are working to keep available the same old place our members have come to love -- after all, it is they that, for years, have patiently answered question after redundant question. For them, our forum is first and foremost a social experience. They enjoy helping others to get the same eggcellent resuls as they've had.

If you're interested in some of their comments and conerns about changing the forum software, you can check out this thread. I found it searching the new forum for "new forum".

We are working hard to improve what we have without destroying what we have. It's not always easy with so many conflicting requirements (e.g. separate message areas for orginazation versus free flowing conversational forum -- it's not so easy to get both.)

WMK -

Thanks for the reply. I certainly don't want to change what long time posters know and love. I was just looking for a way to not to ask the same questions over and over again....