Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh Ham.....JM3's Recipe

Options
EddieMac
EddieMac Posts: 423
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We did our first fresh ham today and thanks to John Mullens..aka JM3..and his incredible recipe...it turned out quite well....it came out just a microscopic bit on the dry side....and it's likely because we had to take it off the grill...wrap it in foil...and wait nearly three hours before serving....as we were mired in a construction..er destruction project today...taking popcorn ceiling off the home we're buying / renovating.......but we took it to a party and everyone really enjoyed....and the danged thing turned out downright pretty!![p]It was a 20-pounder, tasted great...and worth the effort to follow John's recipe....[p]Dodging thunderstorms in South Florida....[p]Ed McLean
Port St. Lucie, FL

Comments

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    eddiemac,
    Thanks for the kind words. This is probably the greatest thing about the BGE is the community (or cult as my wife calls it) that exist. Here are the pics of the ham I did Sunday.[p]After 24 hours in the brine and rubbed with sage pesto[p]IMG_1571.jpg[p]after being on the egg for an hour[p]IMG_1572.jpg[p]right before I pulled it off the egg at 155 internal temp[p]IMG_1573.jpg[p]The fat and skin just peeled right off and I sliced the ham up for serving. Sure wish I had a spiral slicer :-)[p]John