Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Results -- MR. Toad's Pork Loin

Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
edited 5:41AM in EggHead Forum
Wow. Wow. Wow.[p]What a fantastic pork loin!! I was sceptical after reading the recipe, boy was I wrong. Delicious!![p]For fruit, I used apples and peaches (del monte, dried). The apples were great, but the peaches were a bit strong tasting -- the flavor didn't mellow like the apple.[p]I didn't have any fruit wood, so I smoked over hickory and mesquite. We didn't notice much smoke flavor in the loin meat -- the bacon had a great smokey flavor.[p]As I've mentioned previously, the wife is very big on how dishes look when the are served. Well, I started slicing the loin after cooking if for about 2 hours at 325 dome, and the first words from her were, "It's pretty!" Not, boy that smells good, not I can't wait to taste it. Anyway, the pretty pork was served to the in-laws (mother, father, grandfather and sister). It was a huge hit![p]It really is tough to beat the BGE![p]Bama Fire
·

Comments

• Smokin BobSmokin Bob Posts: 239
    today.jpg
    <p />Bama Fire,[p]Did yours look anything like mine?[p]I remember doing mine several months ago and was astonished with the excellent results.

·
  • Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
    Smokin Bob,
    Very close!![p]I had my loin completely covered in bacon -- I think that jurt the smoke penetration. I ate the leftovers yesterday for lunch. Wow! Even better the second time.[p]How delicious![p]B~F

·