Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Did I do wrong? Help Dome adjustment not centered

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, Just put back on my band on the dome and I cant get the damn thing to align up with the bottom. I tighten down the hinge bolts till the bars they are on started to bend, and yes I have the dome alinged perfect where the tits on the band aligned up wth the holes that they go in on the top and bottom . what am I doing wrong?
I did how ever tighten up the BOTTOM bolts by the springs in the back of the band with the top open will this make a difference? should I take apppart the whole thing and start over ? can it be aligned by adjustment? H E L P ! [p] Dave in Spring Hill Fla.

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    DISH,
    If you still have misalignment try this; With dome down, loosen band bolts to relax the bands- top and bottom. Align dome over base and press down on dome to hold. Check bands to make sure they are good position around rims. With a free hand, tighten band bolts alternately a little at a time- quarter turn bottom, quarter turn top, ect. untill the bands are tight. If the dome is a little off center of the base by 3/16 of an inch your still good.
    Clay

• metaltech
    Options
    Same problem here top is off by an 1/8 of an inch in the front and back going to raise the bottom band and see if that works.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    metaltech said:
    Same problem here top is off by an 1/8 of an inch in the front and back going to raise the bottom band and see if that works.

I posted a "how to" a couple of days ago on here with pics if you need it.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX