Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

18 hours and counting

wingfootwingfoot Posts: 95
edited 1:40AM in EggHead Forum
Butts are slowly climbing now after at least a few hours plateaued at 178. Currently at 183............. hmmmm, wonder when we'll be eating. I'm sure glad I decided to put them on at 1900 last night instead of my original plan of 2200. Dome temp has held steady at 250 almost the whole way. It did drop to 210 from 2 am to 6 am, probably due to the outside temp and decreased southerly wind, and then internal dropped during that time from 160 to 153. I opened things up and went back for a little more shut-eye and when I got up at 8:20, it had climbed to about 340 with the internal back up to 161. I shut down the vents a bit and opened the lid slightly, and spritzed them with apple juice and APV to let some heat out. Got it back to 250 in about 30 minutes. Dang, it's smelling good.[p]Mike

Comments

• wingfoot, boost that dome temp to about 300 and take them off at 195 internal.
  • wingfootwingfoot Posts: 95
    Charles in SC,[p]Just gave it a kick..... climbing now. Thanks