Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small egg in So Cal?

Options
NickT
NickT Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had been planning to buy a small for travelling and just did not get around to it. Now my wife and I are heading east to deliver a motorhome to her folks and I need that small egg, by the end of next week!!
Is there any chance that one of you fine folks knows of a dealer in So. CA (other than BBQ Galore, they don't stock it) that might have one. I would hate to have to drive thousands of miles with only a weber to cook on.
Thanks in advance.
Nick

Comments

• BYC39
    BYC39 Posts: 94
    Options
    NickT,[p]BBQ Galores carries nothing. Not even good customer service... Bought 4 bags of charcoal today....at $17.95 each I might add...and they didn't even odder assistance to the truck......

• NickT
    Options
    BYC39,
    I agree. The problem is they seem to be the only place in California that sells Eggs.

• Wino
    Wino Posts: 69
    Options
    NickT,
    Have you tried the dealer locater on the BGE home page? Saw one in Tarzana other than BBQG.
    Good luck
    Wino

• NickT
    Options
    Wino,
    Just called and was told "Dude, the small is like SMALL, ya want a medium instead?" No smalls in stock.
    Thanks for the help.

• The Reverand
    Options
    NickT,

Since your traveling east could you arrange to pick one up on your route? [p]Just a thought,[p]

• Wino
    Wino Posts: 69
    Options
    NickT,
    No problem. Someday they will catch on. Need to stock all five sizes.
    Good luck
    Wino

• NickT
    Options
    The Reverand,
    That is Plan B. I am hoping to be able to cook on the egg every day, but it may not be possible.
    We will be travelling through Atlanta on our way to Kingsland, GA (our ultimate destination), so a trip by the Mothership is definately going to happen.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    NickT,[p]These are the first two hits when using the Palm Springs zip code (92262) in the dealer search, are they along your route?[p]Desert Fireplaces, Etc. (12 miles)
    77-622 Country Club Unit. G
    Palm Desert,CA 92211
    760.345.4003[p]AMERICA'S (41 miles)
    25377 MADISON AVE, #104
    MURRIETA,CA 92562
    909.600.7300[p][p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery