Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

HELP! Any "firemen" out there?

RRPRRP Posts: 15,563
edited 10:11PM in EggHead Forum
I just whipped up Cat's baby back rib rub, except I used fresh ground tellicherry pepper and instead of chipotle hot pepper I substituted cayenne. I went ahead and rubbed the ribs for later this afternoon. I took a little taste of the rub and I love it - now for the problem - that little taste is still with me an hour later. I know a shot of milk will temper the taste buds and cool them off, but I'm afraid the ribs are going to be much too hot for my wife tonight. Is there any suggestions on how to tame this fire short of scraping off the rub on the portion I think she might eat? Thanks! signed, On fire in Illinois

Ron
Dunlap, IL
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    RRP,
    Me thinks by the time you cook it, it will be much less spicy. Just cook em!!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Nature Boy,[p]Yea, you are probably right. Anyway, he can always make "reservations" if the ribs don't work out.[p]Tim
    ·
  • RRP,
    You might think about spraying ALOT of apple juice on the ribs. That should tame them if not they should aleast be hot and sweet. By the way put a pate of butter in your mouth it will postpone the pain

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    WOOWOO,
    Great suggestion. I haven't tried the apple juice thing, but a lot of people like it. Must add some nice sweetness.[p]Man, I paniced when I saw the heading for the post about firemen...glad the question was about the spicy kind of fire instead! Don't need no 'mergency room visits dangit![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·