Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mr. Toad's Pork Loin -- Cooking Time?

Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
edited 12:20AM in EggHead Forum
I'm planning to EGG mr. toad's pork loin tonight for my father-in-law and family.[p]I planned on cooking it at about 300 dome in a v rack over fire bricks and a drip pan.[p]How long should a 4 pound loin take to cook? I'm guessing about an hour and fifteen minutes.[p]Hope all you fathers out there are having wonderful days.[p]Bama Fire

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Bama Fire,[p]I think you're looking at closer to 2.5 hours cooking time. Starting with a 4 lb loin, it's going to weigh closer to 5.5+ lbs after prep. Make sure the polder is inserted into the meat (not the stuffing).[p]It is always better to start the cook early and wrap for a nice rest rather than push the cook because of time.[p]Spin

• Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
    Spin,
    Thanks for the quick reply![p]Wrapping in some foil and a towel then to a cooler should do the job.[p]I'll post the results tomorrow.[p]Have a great sunday afternoon.[p]B~F