Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Website not secure?

gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
Anyone else seeing this when they log in from their phone?  I always log in from my phone but now I’ve started to see a red font warning ahead of the site name stating Website Not Secure. Just curious if this is normal for you guys as I haven’t seen this before. 

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• gmac
    Screenshot

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    I’m not seeing it, but I stay logged in on my phone. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Of course it's not secure.  @dmw hangs out here.  shady af
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Sum Ting Wong
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    the food channel keeps hacking in for improved recipes ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • gmac
    This site has never stayed logged in on my phone despite clicking that “Stay Logged In?” box everytime. 
    @The_Buffalo

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Must be a Canadian thing =) J/K. I am not having that issue today but I did 1 time the other day. I closed out the Safari browser on my phone and reloaded and it worked fine after that.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited May 2018
    Getting same thing on desktop with Chrome.  Although I've never paid any attention before.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Perhaps truth in advertising??  The site is not secure  so who knows why the new alert?  I'm sure it will change again soon-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gmac
    Obviously I’m not concerned since I’m on here. I will close all down and see what happens. 
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    This is a warning from Chrome.  Very noticeable on phones, less so on computers, but still there.  The folks at Google have been pushing to get websites moved from http to https for a while now.  They have started to have the warnings visible to put pressure on website developers to make the move.  This site is no less secure today than it was yesterday, we are just being made aware that it has never been using the more secure methods.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.