Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Meal Amazing Baby Back Ribs

dstearn
dstearn Posts: 1,702
I tried the Amazing Ribs Last Meal recipe today and I was very pleased with the results. I wanted to use spare ribs but my regular source for spares was out. The Baby Backs turned out well, probably the best Baby Backs I have cooked. The cook time at 225 grate was 5 hours no wrap. I followed the recipe including applying the salt 2 hrs prior to the rub. 
Next time I will try it on Spares.

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I'm glad this post was not what I thought when I read the title.

Nice looking ribs.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dstearn
    dmchicago said:
    I'm glad this post was not what I thought when I read the title.

Nice looking ribs.
    Thanks, if it was my last meal I would have made spares.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Yes, they title made me think that the governor had turned down your appeal. These would be a great last meal.
  • dstearn
    Yes, they title made me think that the governor had turned down your appeal. These would be a great last meal.
    The recipe is on the Amazingribs.com site. The 2 hr salt brine and no salt rub worked extremely well. I also tried the Blues Hog Professional sauce which was also very good. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Eggcellent cook and result right there.  Great color on those ribs as well.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dstearn
    lousubcap said:
    Eggcellent cook and result right there.  Great color on those ribs as well.  Congrats.
    Thanks Lou, first time I tried this method and it will not be my last. Next time I will bump up the temp as 225 on the egg is not the same as 225 on a weber kettle of smoker IMO. I may start the temp at 235 grate and raise it to 250 at the 3 hr mark to get a better bark and smoke ring. I really do think the salt brine makes a difference as the ribs were juicy and not dried out.
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    they look great. thanks for sharing

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • dstearn
    dstearn said:
    The recipe is on the Amazingribs.com site. The 2 hr salt brine and no salt rub worked extremely well. I also tried the Blues Hog Professional sauce which was also very good. 
    Correction, Blues Hog Championship’s Blend.