Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

band / lid adjustment question

So i just got an XL last weekend.  Assembled and delivered.  As it was coming up to temp i noticed smoke from the back and saw a gap between the upper and lower gaskets that was about as thick as two quarters.  My question is, is there any way to adjust that now or is that something I'll just have to live with?
Egger for 15 years.  I've owned and traded them like some folks do used cars.  Recently bought an XL BGE.  #WhatIsOldIsNewAgain

Comments

• Vegas Eggus
    Vegas Eggus Posts: 152
    IMO not set up correctly. I'd let them come back out to adjust. 
  • ReTodded
    ReTodded Posts: 11
    that's kind of what i'm thinking.  
    Egger for 15 years.  I've owned and traded them like some folks do used cars.  Recently bought an XL BGE.  #WhatIsOldIsNewAgain
  • bikesAndBBQ
    bikesAndBBQ Posts: 284
    If you search how to adjust bands on this forum, you’ll probably find how to fix this. I’m sure some people will come along and explain how to fix this. My opinion is to learn to adjust it yourself. It is part of routine maintenance and good to know how to do. Posting pictures of the bands will help people tell you how to fix it. I have to adjust the bands on my large as they are now a little saggy in spots. If the place that delivered did that bad a job setting it up, they may not fix it properly. Just my opinion. 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • ReTodded
    pics to follow this evening.

• Definitely not assembled correctly and easily fixed. Agree that you should do it yourself as you will probably have to do it again.  Several good videos here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=adjust+big+green+egg+lid
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • ReTodded
    i loosened the bolt for the top band, seated the lid properly with a little pressure from the top, retightened the bolt and everything was great.  thanks for the tips all.