Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nerd smoker (the smoker is nerdy, it does not smoke nerds...probably)

Options
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Bad ass.  You could smoke a bunch of nerds with that thing.
    NOLA
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm sure that'd be a big hit at a Steam Punk convention. 
    Near San Francisco in California
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Very cool. Wonder how well it cooks.  Found a video of it: https://youtu.be/NlY8O-BOiIc
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • jimdgreat1
    jimdgreat1 Posts: 175
    Options
    It needs to shoot flames out the front.

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:
    Very cool. Wonder how well it cooks.  Found a video of it: https://youtu.be/NlY8O-BOiIc
    Cool video. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    $4500 in Tuscaloosa AL. Wonder what the Shirley mafia on BBQ Brethren would have to say about this. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm waiting for the Trekkie response to this.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Looks like the perfect rig for smoking tauntaun.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I would be worried about a dog wrapping a leash around the legs and tripping it.  Devastating.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Looks like the perfect rig for smoking tauntaun.
    Image result for tauntaun

I hear they taste similar to baby fur seal.
    I'm waiting for the Trekkie response to this.
    pretty weak as usual (shot's fired!)

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    My son says he is moving off campus next year for college and has a spot for a grill...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    My son says he is moving off campus next year for college and has a spot for a grill...
    Any chance his new apartment is proximate to Warren’s Corner?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Any chance his new apartment is proximate to Warren’s Corner?
    That's a legit question - but no.  He and his friends are showing good judgement and getting a place within walking distance of campus.  

Although he could probably charge enough in rent during brisket camp to pay for a good part of the year.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• R2Egg2Q
    Options
    I must say the force is strong in whoever built that AT-AT smoker/grill.  Puts my Darth Maul drum smoker to shame:

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:
    I must say the force is strong in whoever built that AT-AT smoker/grill.  Puts my Darth Maul drum smoker to shame:

I pegged you more an R2D2 drum smoker kinda guy

• R2Egg2Q
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:

I pegged you more an R2D2 drum smoker kinda guy

The thought had crossed my mind but I’d be obsessed with trying to keep it clean. Figured Darth Maul would look fine dirty. Been 6 years since I built my UDS (and that pic) and it is looking pretty ugly now and showing signs of rust. Been thinking about selling it cheap or just giving it away as I use it like once a year.

Bay Area, CA