Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weber I grill mini

Options
I have had my I grill mini lock up a few times.  This time it was like it was the app that was locked up because when I took the battery out it still said 143 when the meat was 195.  I turned my phone off an on and it fixed it.  Anybody else have negative experiences with the Weber I grill mini?  Also any recommendations for similar devices?

Comments

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    I have the igrill.  Haven't been using it much lately.  I was not happy when Weber broke the app.  They promised to return some of the functionality but I haven't been checking lately.  I would suspect the app first before thinking the sending unit has problems.  When probes go bad they start sending totally strange readings (like 4º here in FL).

Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    Options
    I too have the regular, not the mini. Use it more when I travel with the MMax than at home. No issues for me and I have gotten used to the new app.
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Mine works well here
  • BugFreak72
    Options
    I have the 4 probe version and love it. Mine was reading like that when the old style sensors were going bad. I replaced them with the newer Weber ones and no problems so far.

When mine went bad they were under a warranty so you might contact them about getting replacements. It was a huge pain in the ars but they do it if you are in the time limit.