Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tenderloins

Options
YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,989
Got the MM fired up for a couple of tenderloins tonight. Rubbed and pecan smoke.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Gonna be good brother!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Got the MM fired up for a couple of tenderloins tonight. Rubbed and pecan smoke.
    Great meal coming I’m sure. And the engineers ruler??????
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Low and slow then a sear.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    OK.  I'm drooling.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looking good brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice Ron.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Smokeydawg
    Options
    Never tried the low and slow then sear. What temp did you use to smoke them? 
    Dacula, GA       LG & MM BGE's   
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Smokeydawg - L&S and sear is the refined description of reverse sear.  It just pairs better with the follow-on wine selection.  =)
    BTW- I'm just messing with @YukonRon as he can crank out tenderloins and definitely scores the wine with every banquet.  He even remodeled his house to accommodate a more healthy wine cellar.  It will all come together down the road.  ;)
    Edit:  Just saw the money shot...Wow! Nailed it! Off the charts.  Congrats.  What was the finish temp?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    That's awesome. The ruler is a nice touch. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    A very nice Spanish blend for the wine tonight,
    Mac and  CaesarSmokeydawg said:
    I was shooting for a 250F, actual was 247F. I smoked these with pecan. A very nice soft smoke flavor to go with a spiced rub. Highly recommended.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Seared at 525F 3 minutes/side, 140F IT.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Smokeydawg - L&S and sear is the refined description of reverse sear.  It just pairs better with the follow-on wine selection.  =)
    BTW- I'm just messing with @YukonRon as he can crank out tenderloins and definitely scores the wine with every banquet.  He even remodeled his house to accommodate a more healthy wine cellar.  It will all come together down the road.  ;)
    Edit:  Just saw the money shot...Wow! Nailed it! Off the charts.  Congrats.  What was the finish temp?
    140F IT

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I was shooting for a 250F, actual was 247F. I smoked these with pecan. A very nice soft smoke flavor to go with a spiced rub. Highly recommended.

Now that you put the ruler in play we are all aware of the huge wine glass. It dwarfs the monster tenderloin steak! I approve. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    lousubcap said:
    140F IT

I like doing tenderloins, and really spicing them up. I used a lot of rub, and garlic. The garlic glazed/carmelized and sealed in the juices. As soon as I hit 325F dome, is when I pulled and tented to 525F, meaning I jacked the MM when I got  to 120F,

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Very nice. Did those come from Costco? 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Heaven. Just kidding. I had them cut at costco.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Heaven. Just kidding. I had them cut at costco.
    Did they jaccard them as well? 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Not to my knowledge.
    I watched them carved. Had no wrapping on them when pulled from the walk-in

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Nicely done Ron. Reverse sear rocks!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Not to my knowledge.
    I watched them carved. Had no wrapping on them when pulled from the walk-in
    It looks outstanding. The reason I asked was that one pic looks like it has jaccard slits. I had heard Costco did that. I was wondering if they are doing that on fresh custom cuts as well. Anyway, stellar cook as always sir. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Incredible cook Ron!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ron....what a great to end the week....assuming you count Sunday as the last day of the week. I know I do. Beautiful tenderloin. You have rolls?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Now that you put the ruler in play we are all aware of the huge wine glass. It dwarfs the monster tenderloin steak! I approve. 
    My Beautiful Wife and I, consume some vino, upon occasion. Our friends love to take pictures of our kitchen cabinet that stores our drinking glasses. 95% are  fishbowsl on a stem. And a few water glasses.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

My Beautiful Wife and I, consume some vino, upon occasion. Our friends love to take pictures of our kitchen cabinet that stores our drinking glasses. 95% are  fishbowsl on a stem. And a few water glasses.
    Before my whiskey drinking problem, I led a life of pretty aggressive wine consumption as well. I truly appreciate the glass. I have a couple ridiculous ones as well that literally hold the whole bottle I think. Enjoy!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Ron....what a great to end the week....assuming you count Sunday as the last day of the week. I know I do. Beautiful tenderloin. You have rolls?
    I got a couple chins and a few rolls.
    No, I did the cooking tonight. My Beautiful Wife, was busy with an audit her company has coming up.
    She is the Goddess of baking.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I got a couple chins and a few rolls.
    No, I did the cooking tonight. My Beautiful Wife, was busy with an audit her company has coming up.
    She is the Goddess of baking.
    You no those Hawaiian rolls will do in a pinch. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Gonna be good brother!!
    Thank you sir, turned out alright.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon