Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

They said not to cook over an open flame...I didn’t listen (Japanese A5)

Options
Have been saving this for awhile and decided to cook it tonight. I purchased a ribeye, strip, and a fillet a few months back. I practiced with the ribeye soon thereafter  alternating between a cast iron pan and going directly on the egg. The recommendations were to cook it in a hot pan seasoned with salt and pepper but I felt things would be just fine directly on the egg. 
So tonight I decided to season and go direct without a pan. I allowed  the extremely thin strip to get away from me a little bit ( I’ll blame the beer) but I rushed out and snatched the fillet off in plenty of time. 
 I was inspired by a side from @bgebrent a couple of weeks ago and have cooked it 3 times already! The wife says that I can cook it every single night and she would be fine with it. It’s a new staple in this house. 
Plated pics. Thanks for looking!
Wetumpka, Alabama
LBGE and MM

Comments