Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why get a V-rack?

Options
BGEBrian
BGEBrian Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am wondering what the bennies are of getting and using a v-rack. I do not have one yet, and am contemplating buying one.[p]BGEBrian

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    BGEBrian,[p]Upside up, its a roast or chicken holder, upside down its a rib rack for holding slabs vertically on their edges.[p]I also sometimes use it to put larger quantities of beef jerky in at once by draping long strips of the edges of the rack.[p]While I don’t use it all that much as a traditional roast holder, I would say that it is one of my most used eggcessories in all kinds of other ways.[p]Bc

• Fire in the Hole
    Options
    BGEBrian,[p]I use mine to hold the pork butt during a lo-n-slo. Sitting directly on the grid will work just as well, but usually when I remove the butt from the smoker, I pick up the whole v-rack and transfer it to my prep area to either wrap or pull. Most of the time, the pork is just about to fall apart on it's own and the v-rack just makes it easier to transport to the prep table in one piece.[p]I also use mine to hold my kabob skewers. This helps to keep the meat, veggies or other stuff from contacting the grid directly and sticking. Just makes it easier to turn them, IMO.[p]:)
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    bc,[p]Same here. Pork tenderloins or any kind of rolled roast work well in it since they are, well, rolled. I stick it over a drip pan and plop my brisket on it. Yeah, one of the most used for sure. Wish they made such a beast for the small. But now I have my gratemate and hoping it will do a lot of the same tricks for me.[p]mShark