Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb & Brussels Sprouts

Options
My wife is out of town, so I decided to cook up two of my favorites, both of which she dislikes - rack of lamb and brussels sprouts.  I haven't cooked rack of lamb on the egg for a few years, and I'm kicking myself in the ass for waiting so long to do this again.  Lamb was rubbed with olive oil, S & P, garlic and thyme.  Brussels sprouts were cooked in a pan in fresh bacon grease and a small pat of butter with pine nuts.  Cooked to a perfect al dente texture, then mixed with the bacon bits I prepared first.  I feel like LeBron James congratulating myself for an excellent meal, but this was fantastic!  Paired with a nice full-bodied Bordeaux.
Large BGE and MiniMax in St. Petersburg, FL

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You really need to have a word with your wife. How could anyone not like that?! Excellent plate! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Beautiful job.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Very nice!!!   Send a pic to your wife....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Way to bring it home.  Great cook and result.  I really think that it is hard to top a rack of lamb over fire.  Time to put it into a regular rotation and cook an alternative for SWMBO.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    That is a great looking meal right there, good bottle of wine to boot.
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks delicious. The lamb looks perfect. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I love lamb.  Love it.  My wife will not touch it anymore.
    I will often do a rack of lamb for myself as I reverse sear a thicker filet for her. Occasionally the timing is off, but you can normally adjust (within reason) accordingly with the reverse sear.... something to think about....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Right on!  Get her out of the house more often.
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, fellas.  NOLA, I thought the same thing as I was gobbling this down earlier.
    Large BGE and MiniMax in St. Petersburg, FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Purdy cook.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga