Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Winter greatness with a simple easy prep.....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited January 2018 in Off Topic
.....call me lazy, but just not in the mood tonight for trip to grocery store and cooking efforts. This was inspired by @caliking s not going to the store attitude. Homemade Pimento Cheese Sammie’s and Mater Soup. 

Of of course I only use extra sharp Cheddar Cheese and Duke’s mayonnaise. If you attempt it yourself and you don’t use these two ingredients, you will not be hitting your potiential. 
Next a quick batch of cream of mater soup. Garanteed to get your motor running.....

It ain’t got to be fancy every night. Sometimes you gots to lower the bar a bit on the effort side....without letting quality suffer. You folks stay warm out there. 
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    You can call it lazy, I'll call it delicious!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looking really good. I was too lazy to make mater soup or pimento cheese. I am having a grilled cheese with a bloody mary on the side. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I like your take on lazy... Nice!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Pimento cheese is down home Southern goodness. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I buy my minnnner cheese at Costco. You’ve already put too much effort in  ;)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    It is a great time to clean out the cupboards, I was just as lazy stopped at Costco on the way home from work and picked up a rotisserie chicken. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Very nostalgic for this guy. Nice!