Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Cheese Curds, Whoda Thunk It!!

Options
XC242
XC242 Posts: 1,208
From the guys at KAB. Gotta try this soon...

https://youtu.be/PKqFYEuDG84
LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Well, that's interesting.  The only thing I use curds for is poutine, which is delish.  Grilled curds would probably be good with that as well.  Photo off the web - not sure I have a snap of my own.

Phoenix 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I would crush those curds. I'm doing some on the Blackstone soon!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Our butcher here in Garland sells cheese curds....Added to rotation.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • blasting
    Options
    Our butcher here in Garland sells cheese curds....Added to rotation.

My local Costco sells them too, if anyone is looking that's a place to check.

Phoenix 
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This summer while staying in the Dells I went to town on a huge bag of cheese curds they called "Squeeks," and Wisconsin sausage sticks. I thought they were the best things ever.

Suffice it to say its best to spread that much gastric cement out over several days time.
    Gittin' there...
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options

Suffice it to say its best to spread that much gastric cement out over several days time.
    I’m sure that @caliking could help you out with your gastric cement issue. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    No...I'm good!
    Gittin' there...
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I originate from the land of poutine (Quebec, Canada) but cannot claim to be a huge fan. The one exception is an independent restaurant near my house that does its fries in beef fat. Fantastic. 
  • CTMike
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I originate from the land of poutine (Quebec, Canada) but cannot claim to be a huge fan. The one exception is an independent restaurant near my house that does its fries in beef fat. Fantastic. 
    There’s a place in Ottawa near my sons in-laws that cooks theirs in duck fat. Will be giving it a try next time we visit up there. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    CTMike said:
    There is one in Ottawa near my sons in-laws that cooks theirs in duck fat. Will be giving it a try next time we visit up there. 
    @CTMike: I am in Ottawa. Do you know which place?
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:
    There is one in Ottawa near my sons in-laws that cooks theirs in duck fat. Will be giving it a try next time we visit up there. 
    Le Foubrac in Gatineau, www.lefoubrac.com. My son and daughter in law have been and said it was pretty good overall, he said the poutine was amazing. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    Le Foubrac in Gatineau, www.lefoubrac.com. My son and daughter in law have been and said it was pretty good overall, he said the poutine was amazing. 
    Funnily enough, this is the place I was referring to. I thought it was beef fat that they used, but I could be wrong. We’ve been going here for years and their poutine is incredible!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I didn’t even know what a cheese curd was until I was 30. 

I was training with some guys from Michigan and they were all worked up about some place we were eating had fried cheese curds on the menu. 

I wish i had the convo recorded. 

“So it’s cheese?...and they fry it?”

”you don’t get it!”

”what’s to get?!? It’s a fried cheese stick!”

”no man. It’s like heaven”

(I take a bite). “It’s f***ing fried cheese, guys!”

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just arrived.....

• CTMike
    Options
    Just arrived.....

Maybe it is beef fat, but for some reason I’m thinking it’s duck. Either way I hear the poutine is amazing. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    Options
    There's a place in Portland, Maine that does fries and poutine in duck fat. Strangely enough, it's called Duckfat. Located at 43 Middle St., generally in the downtown area about halfway between the Shipyard Brewing Co. and Sebago Brewing. Well worth a visit.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    Options
    I should also mention that for something completely different, look for a cheese called Halloumi. It's a Greek cheese that is meant to be grilled. Just throw it on there like a piece of meat.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    OhioEgger said:
    I should also mention that for something completely different, look for a cheese called Halloumi. It's a Greek cheese that is meant to be grilled. Just throw it on there like a piece of meat.
    We eat Halloumi at home regularly. Awesome cheese. Surprisingly enough, we recently found it within a barren grocery store while on vacation in Costa Rica. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Foubrac’s epic poutine (mushroom and bacon).....

Burger is also featured.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Burger is also featured.

oh. mah gerd. Look at that pile of goo. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Burger is also featured.

oh. mah gerd. Look at that pile of goo. 
    I spot exactly one fry in this photo. Gives you an idea of the magnitude of the toppings. 

Overwhelming, almost. 
  • blasting
    Options

Burger is also featured.

Nice!  Not like any poutine I've ever had, but I sure do want some.

Phoenix