Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crazy question

Options
Has anyone ever use their egg like a vertical feed smoker? Why can't we just throw a few chucks in the button? I always see nice glowing embers.

Ps I have been drinking

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

A true smoker needs to burn wood in a clean fire - as in actual flame. Our eggs are designed to smolder.  They are too efficient.  To get a clean flame, your egg would be way too hot.  Hope that helps.

Phoenix 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I’ve read that people do that, but I don’t 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    As @blasting said, the air-fuel-fire combination is quite different for the BGE.  Thus I am confident the outcome would be less than you would hope for.  But nothing ventured, nothing gained.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.