Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Playground

Options
because I don't do anything normal. Built my kids a playground!! Sod next week!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Hooked up!  

Did you have that installed?  That would have taken me 2 yrs to do judging how long it took me to put up the chincy thing I go my daughter.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Nicely done sir!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • TheToast
    Options
    Wow. That's better than the facilities in my local park!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    When I was a kid,my parents got me,what I thought was, an old refrigerator box to play in...........when I grew up I realized the friend they got it from was a Mortician...........................Needless to say that is a Very Nice Playground!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    my kid will be lucky if they get chalk lol ... nicely done 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    so cool!
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Nicely done!
    You may have shown them before, but I'd love to see a couple more pics of your patio/cooking area, with running water!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    This is what heaven must feel like. Watching your child have this much fun

Nicely done Scott.  How old is your little one now - must be 2 or 3?

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That's awesome brother. Sure wish I would of had such as that when I was kid. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Dad of the Year!!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Sod? Have you thought about mulch? I put up a playground for my son, and after the first weekend with his friends; children 10, Grass 0,
    I bought a truck load of extra fine ground mulch, similar to sawdust. It provided a very soft landing for falls, and no worries on the yard.
    Beautiful set up, you are a great dad.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @YukonRon there is 8" of rubber mulch under all the fall zones for the playground. Should be pretty safe. Feels like a pillow walking around. The sod is just for all the dirt around the finished area.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    My favorite thing about you, Scott. You do nothing half as$
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sweet set up.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    This is a bit like what we played on when I was little. I think they didn't like us much. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options

Grass is down!! Just waiting on the flexible playground border and more rubber mulch to finish it off!!!

well then it’s on to fencing, landscaping and of course MORE PALM TREES
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice Scott. Your youngsters will get hours and hours of fun there. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    This is a bit like what we played on when I was little. I think they didn't like us much. 

That looks totally safe.
    Nice setup Scott. That should last forever!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice job, must take care of the kids. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    What movie was it that had the nasty, rusty play set?  This is nicer than that one!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95