Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops (Mad Max, she's a keeper!)

PujPuj Posts: 615
edited 10:56AM in EggHead Forum
Tonight was a treat. Inspired by the Everyday Italian episode that aired earlier today, I decided to do an Egg version of the Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chop. See the link below for the original recipe put out by Max Max's favorite FoodNetwork chef ....[p]Here's what I did ...
-(2) boneless pork chops, about 1 1/4 inch thick
- whole wheat bread crumbs
- freshly grated parmesan-reggiano
-(3) eggs[p]To prepare, I followed Giada's recipe.[p]The Cook
- Cranked up the large egg to approximately 700F dome temp (direct)
- Brought a cast iron skillet up to high surface heat
- Drizzled about 4 tbsp of olive oil into the skillet
- Charred both chops in the skillet for about 1 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes per side (all sides)(be careful with oil inside the Egg!)
- Checked the internal temp of the chops, which read 90F.
- Wrapped the chops in heavy-duty aluminum foil (double wrap)
- Shut down the egg, and let the chops dwell in the egg for about fifteen minutes.
- Pulled the chops out at 150F.[p]The chops were phenomenal

[ul][li]Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops[/ul]

Comments

• Puj,
    sounds great. ..that's my girl. .. everything of her's i've tried has been a big hit. . . next time you have left over pasta, try out her spaghetti pizza. .. i did it in the egg and it was delicious. ....

• PujPuj Posts: 615
    I'll file that one away.