Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Warning..... ;-)

wingfootwingfoot Posts: 95
edited 2:12PM in EggHead Forum
I made ABTs for the first time today. They came out GREAT. That's the good news. Here's the warning part.......... my hands feel like I've been soaking them in Ben Gay. Next time I make them, I'll be sure to use gloves when I'm preparing the jalepenos. After digging out the seeds in the first one, I damn near choked to death and went down to the shop to get a dust mask for that little malady. It never occured to me that my hands would be on fire the rest of the night....... no matter how much beer I drink. lol [p]Also, last night I T-Rexed my first steaks, some choice strips. They were, without a doubt, the best steaks I've ever had. That's the only way I'll cook steak from now on. Hats of to T-Rex.[p]Regards,[p]Mike

Comments

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    wingfoot,
    I hope you washed your hands really well BEFORE you went to the little boy's room, otherwise your hands won't be the only thing burning all night.

• wingfoot,
    Heres a tip I read in Cooks magazine which Im going to try next time I do ABTs.. You know the vegetable peeler, the type our mothers all had, and im sure is in everyones drawer.. Not the new types.. Well cut the stem end of the jalepeno off and insert the peeler down into the jalepeno and twist as if your coring it, then pull it all out. Takes out the seeds, and ribs.. Then you can slice in half for ABTs or cut into rings...[p]
    Dylan