Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Greetings from FLADAH

hello all....some of u may ask ... What the flock?.... of geese ....are u doing in Florida (92 degrees , 100 percent humidity,and a hurricane headed your  way)......when U could be in the beautiful  blue ridge mountains of western North Carolina (74 degrees and no hurricane headed your way) 
Her name is Abaigail Kate.... And she just turned 3 years old. Our first grandchild... Nuf said.

as I am making my hurricane plans I improvised a system to get my mini max out of harms way. I think it is well thought out and pays appropriate respect to John Deere.

my wife and I have been trying to convince our son and daughter in law that our granddaughter would really enjoy some time in the mountains later this week ...it's only a 10 hour drive.....and I would be able to teach her the nuances of our medium BGE currently in lake toxaway NC.
Can I get any support on this?

as always, u all make me laugh on a regular ... Daily... Basis.
be safe all!

Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
BGE  medium and minimax
HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !

Comments

• Heck yeah nice use of the cart. Full support here!
    Snellville, GA

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Now wheel that cart inside and you have a bullet proof plan :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    The NC mountains are a great place to be this time of year, if your granddaughter doesn't make it....and you want company...well I know the way.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Your granddaughter can be the navigator. I pretty sure 3 year olds know how to run mapquest on their cell phone and could book hotels if needed.  ;) 

The cart looks awesome by the way!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Yeah, hard to beat the mountains this time of year, and folks would be crazy not to enjoy that opportunity.
    Love the cart. I just strap mine to a two wheeled hand truck when going up or down steep Hills while camping.
    Works awesome.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Just looked at weather report for Turtletown and lows were in the 40's with a high in 60's one day. I'll carry long sleeves when I go. With Irma an unknown and Jose following close behind tomorrow might be a good day to head north and beat the traffic. I was in Sunset, SC (just south of Rossman) a few weeks ago and it was a lot cooler than south Georgia.
    Cooking on the coast