Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pure and Simple Chicken

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been a HOT day here in the region so my little buckaroo wife said "...do something with Mr. Egg..."
7lb. Perdu oven stuffer - sprayed with olive oil - light dusting of paprika.
325* about 2.5 - 3 hours and the breast temp hit 185*.
The most moist tasty morsel you can do. Mr. Egg makes me look good every time!!
Life is good![p]Carey

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Sundown,[p]I love the simple yet delicious meals you can make on the Egg. I bought 4 pork chops today. Grilled two at around 400 a few minutes per side. These were seasoned only with kosher salt, black pepper, and rosemary. While this cooking method was a change for me (I usually sear my chops at insanity temps), they came out perfectly cooked.[p]The other two chops are currently marinading in a mixure of JCA's Jamaican Jerk, extra virgin olive oil, and some of JCA's Habanero pepper sauce. Before I put that on, I threw on some kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, and a boatload of cayenne. These babies will be nuclear when I cook them tomorrow or Monday.[p]Anyway, thanks for the report of the quick chicken. I love having these techniques in the proverbial back pocket for future cooks![p]Congrats,
    Cornfed