Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs.....recommendations

Options
WVU-Egg
WVU-Egg Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up 6 lbs of country style ribs from Costco today. They looked too good to pass up. Each rib is cut REALLY thick. Any recommendations? I've cooked ribs about 3 times they've always been a few racks.[p]And since these are pork shoulder style ribs do I slow cook them until internal temp is say 205? [p]Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Season them the same way. I don't think you have to go quite to 205, but start testing them around 195. [p]As it happens, I am using the same cut in a stovetop recipe that I've been making for years. I doubled it.[p]Lee[p]Pasta Fazul (Mary’s mother’s)[p]2 cans baked beans with tomato sauce (Heinz makes these)
    3 small cans tomato sauce
    2 garlic cloves
    2 lbs. country-style ribs
    3 cups uncooked tubetini, elbow mac or any small pasta[p]In a deep pot, brown ribs in some oil, in batches if necessary. Cook garlic briefly. Add tomato sauce, a little salt, pepper. Cover and simmer 45 minutes – 1 hour (at least). Cook macaroni. Remove meat from bones and return to pot. Add cooked macaroni and baked beans. Heat through.[p]Serve topped with grated cheese. Serve in a bread bowl for a VERY filling meal.[p]