Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Okra

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
edited August 2017 in EggHead Forum
Farmer's Market Okra. EVOO salt and pepper. Grilled until just starting to get soft. The ones I overgrilled became too slimy inside.   The pork tenderloin was preseasoned and just Meh. 
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice cook @500.    I love me some grilled okra.   Lil EVOO and SPOG  then onto to the egg till aldentè then serve.    Good stuff

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Thanks Matt. First time grilling it. Will do again. The majority of the batch I bought went to a ferment that is currently bubbling away. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I love grilled okra. I have never pickled okra - I need to look into that. I have a fermenting crock and make sauerkraut. Thanks for posting. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon