Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss 300 app

Options
I just got my FB 300 and downloaded the app but continue to get an error message and have not been able to log on.  
Error: registration: status 401.  Thanks for any help.

Comments

• ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
    Do you have a valid username and password?
    O-Town, FL

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I have the FB 200 and don't use the app, just go to the webpage from my phone.  Try that.  Works great!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Is the app for Android yet?  I can't find it in the google play store... (I have the FB 300) 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    FB has really good Tech Support so I'd contact them direct.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited August 2017
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    Is the app for Android yet?  I can't find it in the google play store... (I have the FB 300) 

No not yet......apple only right now, but the android is in the works and coming out soon.
  • MichaelCollins
    Options
    I just got my FB 300 and downloaded the app but continue to get an error message and have not been able to log on.  
    Error: registration: status 401.  Thanks for any help.
    Hi, I apologize for the problem you are having with your app and for my slow response. I missed the email notice about this thread for a few days.

Please call us at 800-978-9078. We need more information about this problem. I want to make sure that you can use your 300 with the mobile app or the web app.
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The app is terrible. Don't worry about it. I love the gadget and website controls . Don't care for the app at all. No offense to anyone. 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    etherdome said:
    The app is terrible. Don't worry about it. I love the gadget and website controls . Don't care for the app at all. No offense to anyone. 
    I think the App is more for the people who really want to "log" the cook info.
    The website control provides enough for me as well.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    The app has had a lot of refresh issues and didn't work well the couple times I have used it. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I am happy with the web interface. Having Android phones and tablets, I will have to wait for the app. But can anyone tell me if there is any advantage to using the app vs. the web interface?
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.