Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brats and corn

Options
jalapeno and Venetian brats and some local corn. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Where's the ketchup??  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Thats my kinda food!!!

Little Rock, AR

• CincyEgg
    CincyEgg Posts: 119
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Must've used it all on the steak :)
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Very nice Pete. Simple with outstanding results. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Perfect summertime dinner.  And nice cooking area to boot.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Can you believe I never had a brat as a child?  Now I LOVE those things.  Great meal that you put together here.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Love a good brat. Looking good man. You need to drop some grease or something on that gasket. It's glowing. 
    Snellville, GA

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Actually used a great mustard relish mix of sorts. 

https://www.facebook.com/jimprescottsbbqshop/photos/a.574310142610309.1073741828.121871717854156/1665038553537457/?type=3

It is delicious. No ketchup! Lol
  • pgprescott
    Options

Love a good brat. Looking good man. You need to drop some grease or something on that gasket. It's glowing. 
    New after about 12 years. She rides like a dream! Thanks! 
  • pgprescott
    Options

CincyEgg said:
    lousubcap said:
    Must've used it all on the steak :)
    Funny story in my family. My uncle owns a restaurant and this guy claims to be the authority on Prime Rib. My uncle cuts him the best MR slice personally and serves him in order to get his feedback. Guy dumps half a bottle of Heinz on it and proceeds to say it was "pretty good" what an expert huh? LOL 
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    The food looks great but your kitchen looks fabulous. May I see more of it and would you let us know where you purchased and how you put the pieces together?
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    jalapeno and Venetian brats ...
    Jalapeno and WHAT brats?  You grind up some Romans and maybe a few Sicilians, in there, too?  What the heck is a jalapeño and Venetian brat, and why am I the only one who finds this a little odd?

I couldn't seem to get to sleep, so I came online for a few minutes, and I'm hoping I'm just sort of dreaming, and that when I come back after a little sleep, there won't be any cannibal brats here, after all...  ;)
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Theophan said:
    jalapeno and Venetian brats ...
    Jalapeno and WHAT brats?  You grind up some Romans and maybe a few Sicilians, in there, too?  What the heck is a jalapeño and Venetian brat, and why am I the only one who finds this a little odd?

I couldn't seem to get to sleep, so I came online for a few minutes, and I'm hoping I'm just sort of dreaming, and that when I come back after a little sleep, there won't be any cannibal brats here, after all...  ;)
    LOL. Well my grandmother is from Florence, so no Northerners. Lol. 

Two kinds, first jalapeño and cheddar, second is Venetian.  The Venetian were a bit heavy handed with the basil, but I suppose some people like that. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Can you believe I never had a brat as a child?  Now I LOVE those things.  Great meal that you put together here.
    Thanks Chris. Too bad you deprived yourself all those years. Lol
  • pgprescott
    Options

Thats my kinda food!!!
    Nice and easy. Thanks for lookin. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

YEMTrey said:
    Perfect summertime dinner.  And nice cooking area to boot.
    Summertime indeed. Thanks @YEMTrey
  • pgprescott
    Options

Looks great.
    Can't lie, it hit the spot. The corn was much better than the first bit we had last week. Thanks. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

Very nice Pete. Simple with outstanding results. 
    Thanks Robin. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    JNDATHP said:
    The food looks great but your kitchen looks fabulous. May I see more of it and would you let us know where you purchased and how you put the pieces together?
    The stainless stuff is simply a prepackaged Weber unit. They don't make it anymore, but there might be some old stock lying around. It's the Weber Summit Social Center. They make something similar, but not quite as eloborate. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    very nice
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    My kinda meal there!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Simple winner there Pete.  Looks great.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Theophan
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ... Two kinds, first jalapeño and cheddar, second is Venetian.  The Venetian were a bit heavy handed with the basil, but I suppose some people like that. 
    Ah, I'm glad no Venetians were sacrificed!  :)  Never heard of a Venetian brat before, but it was the "jalapeño and Venetian" brats that threw me -- I thought it was a brat that had jalapeños and something else that autocorrect turned into Venetian.  All I could think of was venison maybe, but it didn't sound likely.

OK, now I get it.  I love basil, wouldn't want a basil overload all the time, but once in a while a brat loaded with basil sounds pretty good!
  • ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    Options
    I noticed on the picture you have grill grates. Any thoughts or advice.? I am thinking about buying some myself.
    Suwanee, GA
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ChuckR said:
    I noticed on the picture you have grill grates. Any thoughts or advice.? I am thinking about buying some myself.
    I love them. No maintenance and they work as advertised. You can also flip them and use the flat side for a nearly full contact sear. I move them throughout my stable of various cookers. For me they are a yes. Not inexpensive, but very well made. Good luck!
  • ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    Options
    ChuckR said:
    I love them. No maintenance and they work as advertised. You can also flip them and use the flat side for a nearly full contact sear. I move them throughout my stable of various cookers. For me they are a yes. Not inexpensive, but very well made. Good luck!
    Thank you sir!
    Suwanee, GA
  • Theophan
    Options
    ChuckR said:
    I recently bought GrillGrates hoping that they'd trap some of the fat from burgers so there'd be less burnt fat smoke making them taste lousy.  They do seem to work for that, and I'm happy I got them.  I just used them on a jerk chicken cook, and again, I think they may have cut back on chicken fat flareups, so, again, I'm glad.

However, I may be a minority of one on this, but I don't think steak sears as well on them, and I won't be using them for steak.  They make really nice grill marks, but the places between the grill marks were LESS seared than if I'd used the regular grate.  Overall, with a normal grate I get less pretty grill marks but a BETTER crusty sear over the entire surface of the steak.

FYI
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Nice looking meal - and great  looking new gasket!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Theophan said:
    ChuckR said:
    I recently bought GrillGrates hoping that they'd trap some of the fat from burgers so there'd be less burnt fat smoke making them taste lousy.  They do seem to work for that, and I'm happy I got them.  I just used them on a jerk chicken cook, and again, I think they may have cut back on chicken fat flareups, so, again, I'm glad.

However, I may be a minority of one on this, but I don't think steak sears as well on them, and I won't be using them for steak.  They make really nice grill marks, but the places between the grill marks were LESS seared than if I'd used the regular grate.  Overall, with a normal grate I get less pretty grill marks but a BETTER crusty sear over the entire surface of the steak.

FYI
    If it's a whole surface sear you seek, simply turn the grill grates over to the flat side.