Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MiniMax Cook Today

Options
Holding at 300 degrees, got chicken wings, corn, and a dish of apple cobbler going with some cherry smoke. Been breaking in the mini these last few weeks, my large is feeling neglected. Ended up rotating the cobbler dish as my probe was interfering, it's all good !

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Great, two-tiered cook!
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Two tiered MM cooking, Egger after my own heart. :)

What kit do you have supporting the top tier?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    Looks GREAT! As a new owner of a MM I too am interested the 2 tier rig.
    Also- I love your dog!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • derka123
    derka123 Posts: 102
    Options
    Well the wings and corn turned out great, the cobbler... not so much, I'll have to revisit that recipe another time.

Regarding my set up, I have the kick ash basket on bottom, a  spider with 10" ceramic plate on bottom, the stock 13" grate on top of that, then I have a woo plus a 12" stainless grate I bought on amazon on top. I'm really enjoying this set up, I have a decent amount of cooking real estate in my mini, plus I'm using less charcoal than a typical cook on my large.

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ah, excellent setup, if I had access to CGS kit I'd do that, @tjv new angle on the woo here? :)

@tml1230 this is my setup, custom built rig with adjustable height on the legs via some butterfly bolts:

The raised grid in the Minimax with a cooking basket underneath

This is how I made it:

https://thecooksdigest.co.uk/2017/06/30/maxing-out-a-minimax-big-green-egg/

| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I use some gear left over from my small. Its a woo for the small, a 10" (I think) pizza stone. It actually holds another grate balanced on the handles. No pic of that tho.