Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first pizza...what's so hard?

Options
Just kidding.  Been reading the forum.  Got lots of help, including the suggestions to get the Woo and extension.  Pies were very good, but need work: crust recipe and temperature need work.  Family LOVED the pizzas!

Very much enjoying the forum, eggheads!

Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Not a bad start at all. A lot better than mine I assure you. Took me 10-12 times before I got it down to my liking. You will learn something with each cook. Are you using 00 flour? This was a key learning in my progression. Keep on making the pies....we'll keep a lookin!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Thanks!  No 00 - all purpose.  Definitely 00 next time. I'll admit I was really worried I'd make a mess of it, but it was a good start.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Nice pies. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,069
    Options
    Enjoy the journey to your personal pizza perfection, it's a fun trip. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------