Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What's your favorite brand of spicy pickles?

Options
Hub
Hub Posts: 927
I'm online searching for spicy pickles.  I'm hoping to pair them with ice cold beer and maybe shed a few pounds in the process.  There seem to be many varieties, some national brands and some smaller local brands.  What do you prefer, and just as importantly, where do you get them?
Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia

Comments

• Hub
    Options
    I'm leaning towards these but could really use some suggestions.

• Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    I like these rickles pickles they started out in Fremont Indiana and have branched out since I believe you can get them off there website. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I like Wickles, but they are more sweet than spicy. Here in the south you can get them most anywhere.

• Hub
    Options
    Zeiger88 said:
    I like these rickles pickles they started out in Fremont Indiana and have branched out since I believe you can get them off there website. 

Holy smokes those look good!
  • Hub
    Options
    I like Wickles, but they are more sweet than spicy. Here in the south you can get them most anywhere.

I try to avoid sweet pickles, but I do appreciate the suggestion.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options

Their relish and sandwich spreads are both excellent as well.
    NOLA
  • Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Sorry for the large picture, only one I could find.  Been using these for a while.  Great with BBQ on slider bun.  Their Gator Okra ain't too bad either. @Killit_and_Grillit fries their Okra.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I've been buying these by the case direct from the manufacturer. But google might lead you to some cheaper vendors.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Hub
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I've been buying these by the case direct from the manufacturer. But google might lead you to some cheaper vendors.

I bought some McClures pickles in person when I was in NYC.  They were very crisp and very good, but I didn't get to try their spicy product.  I just had their standard pickles.

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Sorry for the large picture, only one I could find.  Been using these for a while.  Great with BBQ on slider bun.  Their Gator Okra ain't too bad either. @Killit_and_Grillit fries their Okra.
    Yep, god bless my man here. Without him I would have never tried it. Get them and you will enjoy. Thank you fine sir!
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Image result for Stuarts Cajun Dill Pickles
    Options
    +1 on Gator Pickles.  @Possumtrot introduced us to these and they're great!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Is beer and spicy pickles a new diet?
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Yeah those Gator pickles are legit. 

If you are are looking for just a hot pickle they aren't it. They have a sweet candied flavor to them as well. (And like 18g of sugar per serving)

But if you batter those pickles and fry them...you'll make a lot of friends. 

Also, I'm starting to think @Possumtrot is a Pickle Rep. 

and @TN_Sister_State I found your Cairo BBQ sauce in my garage fridge cleaning it out this morning. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Not sweet at all, just hot.  These aren't really good on their own, but great if you're frying pickles.

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Yeah those Gator pickles are legit. 

If you are are looking for just a hot pickle they aren't it. They have a sweet candied flavor to them as well. (And like 18g of sugar per serving)

But if you batter those pickles and fry them...you'll make a lot of friends. 

Also, I'm starting to think @Possumtrot is a Pickle Rep. 

and @TN_Sister_State I found your Cairo BBQ sauce in my garage fridge cleaning it out this morning. 

I knew I would forget something. I'll grab it next week sometime.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I hate this. Its sweet and tastes awful. 
    But whatever floats your boat. :)

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Hub
    Options
    Is beer and spicy pickles a new diet?
    Kind of.  I'm definitely going to have my beer.  That is a given.  But I need a little something to go with it.  I do a lot of wings, which are good and no carb, but I don't tend to lose weight.  Same applies when I eat nuts and/or cheese.  I think spicy pickles would pair well with a cold beer, and most are super low in calories and carbs.  Though I am surprised on how many carbs the "sweet and spicy" pickles have.  Football and blue jean season is closer than you think, so I'm just wanting to slim up a little.

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    I like the Alton Brown "Firecracker Carrot"  recipe for hot pickled veggies from Good Eats.
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Jwads
    Jwads Posts: 11
    Options
    Zups Hot Dills. Find them in northern Minnesota. Their hot mustard is also excellent. 

http://zups.com/products-page/zups-condiments/pickles-hot 

• cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    These are more sweet than spicy but they have little kick at the end and damn they're good. Since I found them a few weeks ago we've plowed through close to 10 jars. Lol... I'm definitely going to try some of these other suggestions though. Good thread. 
  • Hub
    Options
    These were all I could find at my local grocery store today.  Just put them in the beer fridge and going to try one after my third beer or so later today.  I'll report back.