Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Dodge dealership I bought update.

Options
texaswig
texaswig Posts: 2,682
 Finally took over possession of it on Monday.  here is a little video I made of the before. Yes there a lot of junk in there. 
https://youtu.be/GyhiYfQyMnY

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Sweat!!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    OMFG.  Did you make the freaks empty out the crap?
    Options
    Was anything ever sold?  Looks like whoever collected the stuff focused on whatever was left from eviction piles after they were picked over by bums.
    Options
    Just messin wif ya!  Beautiful space, seriously, I'd love to have that.
    Options
    Congrats! And I call dibs on the flag and the Mickey Mouse...

What were they using it as ?? Goodwill store? Seriously though, good luck with your plans for it. Would love to see updates. And the murder van parked out front!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • texaswig
    Options
    @nolaegghead @caliking the guy had been in there for 25 years. He would buy 18 wheeler loads sight unseen. It's all just a bunch of crap pretty much. I'm giving my friends a chance to come pick this Saturday. Then it's going to goodwill. Salvation Army.  thrift stores. And then the landfill. It's a super cool old building. I'm pumped. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Sweat!!!
    You know, I've heard its better to make your own rub, you can control the sweatness.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Congrats Wig!  Nice little project you have there but it's going to be very cool when you're finished.  One of a kind space.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    What are you going to use this building for?
  • texaswig
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Eoin the front part a living space. The back 6000 square foot into a hobby maker/studio place. It's in the old downtown area of Greenville TX. Which is just gotten a new resurgence. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Looks great @texaswig, got any pictures of the outside. That period of building is nice, good to have a ton of space as well.
  • texaswig
    Options

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • texaswig
    Options
    @Eoin there's a few

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @texaswig
    Outstanding opportunity for you my friend. This will be a very cool set up, indeed.
    Congrats and keep posting the changes you will make. That kind of space can facilitate many events. Have fun.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Good luck my friend!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i like it. the inside looks like some front lawns in maine =) really nice looking building
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Congrats!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Yes sir... Congrats!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @texaswig
    Outstanding opportunity for you my friend. This will be a very cool set up, indeed.
    Congrats and keep posting the changes you will make. That kind of space can facilitate many events. Have fun.
    in sure that wasn't a hint.  ;)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Legume said:
    Sweat!!!
    You know, I've heard its better to make your own rub, you can control the sweatness.
    Yeah, edit button is gone already .... I'm going with; I was refering to all the sweat equity he will have after clearing it out.

He should call that chubby/skinny guy combo from the History channel. I think their show is "American Pickers" or something.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I think you should keep the name and still call it The Dodge House when its all done. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Very cool. Looks like it's got a lot of potential 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Maybe a few little gems hidden in there if you know what you're looking at. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Might put a call into Mike Wolfe! (American Pickers)
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Run an ad in the paper and tell everyone to come back by and get their stuff!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @texaswig
    in sure that wasn't a hint.  ;)
    Brisket Camp #43? =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Just fantastic. Good luck. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • gbvinla
    gbvinla Posts: 96
    Options

Looks like a dream come true. I'm guessing there is a car lift or two in there somewhere.

Let us see the work in progress. Congrats!

Large BGE x2  Now we're cookin' in Dothan Al.