Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cyber Q Question

Hello everyone, I broke my cyber q out after several years in the drawer. I want to use ad hoc method to monitor. I should be able to plug in cyber, connect phone to cyber in wifi and enter the ip address right? IT has been so long I forget and my firmware is 1.2 so all the docs on guru website do not apply. Thank you for any help

Comments

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    edited July 2017
    Here ya go! Directly from the manual -https://www.bbqguru.com/content/pdf/CyberQ-WiFi-USER-GUIDE-REV2.pdf

10. Connecting in Adhoc Mode The simplest way to use your CyberQ Wifi is in Adhoc mode. Adhoc will only allow access to the CYBER Wifi Pages from one other Adhoc-capable web equipped mobile device or PC that is within the wireless range of the CyberQ Wifi. This mode is great for initial setup or for cooking at home. NOTE: Just because your mobile device or PC can see the CyberQ Wifi’s network doesn’t mean it is necessarily Adhoc-capable. If you are unsure contact your device’s manufacturer. 1. Apply power to the CyberQ Wifi. Will be displayed. 2. Using a PC or mobile device with wireless networking enabled, go to the place where you can select the network you want to log on to. *On an iPhone or iPad this is Settings > Wi-Fi. Make sure Wifi is set to on, then select: “my CyberQ Wifi.” *On a PC this is the at the lower right. *On a Mac this is the at the top. Once you select the “my CyberQ Wifi” as the network then enter the default password of 1234abcdef. (Not case sensitive) 3. Once connected the CyberQ Wifi will display: 4. Open a browser window and type 192.168.101.10 to load the CyberQ Wifi Controller pages. From this browser window you can monitor and control your cook and make changes to the setup of the controller. Be sure to close any applications that require internet access when using Adhoc mode.
  • Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
    I tried that and it is timing out trying to connect to ip. I am charging my kindle because iirc last time I couldn't get it to work with any iOS device. I would like to use pit pal. I will read up on that and see where that goes. Thanks
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Not all iOS is compatable, my iPhone 5S works, my newer iPad will not. 
    Jacksonville FL