Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food Pr0n. Jiggly brisket videos

Options
Foghorn
Foghorn Posts: 9,842
Yesterday was a good day for briskets cooked by Eggheads in Texas.

Here's a video of one I cooked with some friends.  I got mine from HEB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI6J3y44ds0

And here's one that @20stone did.  His source was Snake River Farms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQk-iNDfflI

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Good job, Dad!
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @Eggcelsior.  I used my daughter's youtube account.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    20spawn1 was the cook on that one, with a little advice from me (channelling @The Cen-Tex Smoker and Mr Frankin). 

Thanks @Foghorn for uploading our clip. This should be an entertaining thread. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I can't cook jello that does that!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great videos and cooks.  That will be the most action I see today  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @Carolina Q and @lousubcap.  I have to admit that like @20stone, I'm taking credit for the cook just because my colleague who did most of the work isn't an Egghead and isn't here.   :)

San Antonio, TX

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Awesome videos Fog. Those booth look like they are perfect. Could you tell a huge difference between the HEB and the SRF?
    Snellville, GA

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Those two cooks occurred about 800 miles apart.

The SRF was great, and at $10/lb, not alarmingly expensive (though pricier that the average brisket). 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Man, I get weak in the knees when I see briskets getting jiggly like that.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    20stone said:
    Those two cooks occurred about 800 miles apart.

The SRF was great, and at $10/lb, not alarmingly expensive (though pricier that the average brisket). 
    Gotcha. Probably safe to assume you guys didn't share. $10lb sounds like a steal for SRF. 
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - that's about the standard price / lb for SRF black grade.  Right now they are running a "free standard shipping" promo. Give their web-site a look; linked here: http://www.snakeriverfarms.com  FWIW-

I have no affiliation with them but enjoy their briskets and the occasional splurge steak package buy.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap I thought they were much more than $10. I'll have to check it out. Just assumed from their beef prices it would be 15 plus a lb at least. Never cooked a brisket and not sure I should start with a SRF. 
    Snellville, GA

• Foghorn
    Options
    My brisket was HEB Prime 1 - for $3.89/lb.

@Eggdicted_Dawgfan, I've never had a brisket from SRF, but I agree it's probably isn't what one should consider the starting point for brisket.  If you go down that path it could have financial implications for years - like compound interest in reverse.  

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    caliking said:
    @caliking, I'm worried that if I gain a little weight...

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    I'd call that "brisket twerk"

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    My brisket was HEB Prime 1 - for $3.89/lb.

@Eggdicted_Dawgfan, I've never had a brisket from SRF, but I agree it's probably isn't what one should consider the starting point for brisket.  If you go down that path it could have financial implications for years - like compound interest in reverse.  
    Too funny. That's exactly what I was thinking. I think I'll start with a prime and screw up a few of those first before jumping to SRF. Both of those look outstanding. 
    Snellville, GA

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    @caliking, I'm worried that if I gain a little weight...
    You would be safe... But only if you weren't seasoned well, juicy, and didn't have great bark. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - I go down the SRF black buy road about 5-6 times a year (last year in Nov they had BOGO deal).  I echo the above regarding starting with prime if you have access and getting comfortable with the cook before the SRF leap.  That said, if you like brisket and get the cook sorted out then you owe it to yourself to give SRF a go , at least once.
    You never know how it will shake out.  My M-I-L (from around 20 miles north of the Golden Gate bridge) has come over to the "dark side" and enjoys brisket (prime or the occasional SRF) more than the locally available prime rib roasts.   As long as I don't abuse the SRF buys I don't get any blow-back from SWMBO.  You have to prep the battle-field.  ;)

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I am simultaneously both hungry and aroused. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Excellent
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Options
    I am simultaneously both hungry and aroused. 
    @GrateEggspectations, you and @caliking should get a room.  :)

San Antonio, TX

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Great advise as awlays Lou. My feelings are mixed with brisket. 2 years ago at the GA mtn fest,  the first tent on the right had brisket and it was the best thing I've ever tasted off of the egg. Had it at a couple restaurants after that and it wasn't very good. Looking forward to trying it though. 
    Snellville, GA

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Looks great, but where's the money shots?

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,294
    edited June 2017
    Options
    'Dat jiggle tho. 

=) 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    'Dat jiggle tho. 

=) 
    I hear you.  

I'm pretty sure that @The Cen-Tex Smoker posted the first jiggly brisket video a couple of years ago and I've never forgotten it.

San Antonio, TX