Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another successful Boston butt cook

Options
Last Saturday I was asked to smoke about 20lbs of Boston butt for a family get together. It was very successful. Then work decided to ask me to do the same! Put it on last night. It's just finished up. Also have some boudin on there for me! Lol.

queston, usually I serve sauce on the side. Should I mix it in the pulled pork or just let them add what they want? I have a good vinegar based sauce. 

Comments

• CincyEgg
    CincyEgg Posts: 119
    Options
    Not that I'm super experienced, but I've found it's better to serve the sauce on the side and let people decide on their own how much they want or if they even want any.

i personally prefer no sauce but I would say that most people who will eat the pulled pork will at least want a little sauce.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    I would do it on the side... make everybody happy
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I've done a light sauce directly after pulling and also have on the side when serving . Chef's Choice. 
    New Albany, Ohio