Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Man-eating shrimp

Options
jlsm
jlsm Posts: 1,011

These are 5 ct. I've wanted to try them for years but realized the outsides would become woefully over cooked by the time the middle was done. My new SV provided the solution: 138 for an hour. I then marinated them for an hour in garlic, olive oil and basil. I wrapped them in basil leaves and speck, then grilled over a smokin' fire on the mini for two minutes each side. They were every bit as good as I had hoped. 
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    They certainly make your fork look small! Plate looks wonderful. Nice work.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Those are some BIG A$$ SHRIMP!  Look great, not showing my wife these...

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Had no idea shrimp got that large!

Love the table/counter/cutting board/whatever it is. Tiger maple I assume?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Thanks. It's apple. My husband made the table. We picked up the slab at a hardwood lumberyard in SE PA. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    jlsm said:
    Thanks. It's apple. My husband made the table. We picked up the slab at a hardwood lumberyard in SE PA. 
    Cool. I didn't know apple did that. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    That shrimp looks  delicious as do the potatoes. Only thing I would change is replace the asparagus with several green onions. 

Can an you tell I don't like asparagus?
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    1/5 pound shrimp? Have to be from a shrimp farm lol