Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3:30AM Pulled Pork

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,026
I didn't have a chance to throw the pulled pork on the smoker until after work. So I knew it was going to be a long night. These butts are for a friends graduation party. Sorry the smoker isn't green for the cook. It would have been much easier!  

After a couple hours:

First butt coming off:

Pulled:

Graveyard:

Bagged:

3:30:

I snuck a few bites and I think this may have been the best pulled pork I've done. I also picked up a couple jars of Blues Hog sauce. I know most graduations do pulled pork so I'm hoping the sauce and oak smoked pork edges out the other pulled pork parties. Fingers crossed. Time to catch a nap before work. Thanks for looking!
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Holy smoke! That's a lot of pulled pork!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dang, and I thought mine ran late...
    Looks great.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Some tasty looking eats await, nice job. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Looks fantastic V, a lot of work, really nice of you to do all this.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Nice job.  Your buddy owes you for that one.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    So are you at adding sticks every 40-45 minutes?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    3:45AM in Minnesota...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Very cool.  Love those pics, I can almost smell it.
  • sheetmetalpete
    Options
    Nice work!  I know of plenty folks who have sourced their pulled pork for parties from Rucks' in Belle Plaine.  While there's nothing wrong with it, yours will definitely stand out as you said!
    Glencoe, Minnesota
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Coffee?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• WeberWho
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Holy smoke! That's a lot of pulled pork!
    It started with 4 shoulders. Than jumed to 6. Went from the large egg to the stick burner. Her dad wanted a pig! His daughter said no way! Dang.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    DMW said:
    Dang, and I thought mine ran late...
    Looks great.
    Thanks DMW! The first two came off around 2am. I had a couple that thought that I needed to stay up later! 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Some tasty looking eats await, nice job. 

Thanks CTMike! This is child's play compared to what you put out!

Minnesota
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    That looks great @WeberWho

Pulled pork is awesome and no one cares about what its cooked on when the party is over. Well, almost no one.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    Looks fantastic V, a lot of work, really nice of you to do all this.
    Thanks Focker. It's going to a good family

Minnesota
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    wow just wow .....Amazing cook!
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Nice job.  Your buddy owes you for that one.
    Thanks saluki2007! All that pork and I can't even make the party!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Hotch said:
    So are you at adding sticks every 40-45 minutes?
    @Hotch  No comment. :bawling: Still not a clue.... I even had 3 decent sized splits going and was mazing out at 250 degrees. The thermometers are within 20 degress of the Stoker probes

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Haha!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    3:45AM in Minnesota...

My wife left the tv on when she went to bed and it was on for background noise. Sure enough I got hooked listening to some dumb judge show when pulling pork. I had to see the paternity test of some adult who was raised by a two time Super Bowl NFL player as his son. The other people in the family didn't claim him. So that kept me awake until the results were given. I didn't call it a night until 4:15 or so. I'm a sucker

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Legume said:
    Very cool.  Love those pics, I can almost smell it.
    Thanks much Legume! 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nice work!  I know of plenty folks who have sourced their pulled pork for parties from Rucks' in Belle Plaine.  While there's nothing wrong with it, yours will definitely stand out as you said!
    Thanks sheetmetalpete! If I would have thought about it for two seconds I would have come out your way and picked up some Duroc pork at Mrs. Pork

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Coffee?
    I would have probably had some this morning if I was a coffee drinker. Some Coke did the trick.

Not the white stuff. ;)

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    That looks great @WeberWho

Pulled pork is awesome and no one cares about what its cooked on when the party is over. Well, almost no one.
    Thanks @SaintJohnsEgger 95% percent of people eat crock pot pulled pork. Teens pretty much eat anything. I made some pulled pork for her older brothers graduation last year and I was apparently requested this year from her side of the family. I'll take it as a compliment. The BGE did all the magic last year. Hopefully the stickburner comes through this year.

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    stv8r said:
    wow just wow .....Amazing cook!

Thank you stv8r!

Minnesota
  • vegas slim
    vegas slim Posts: 92
    Options
    i would devour that LOOKS GREAT! it was very nice of you to help your friend out have a great day
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    How much wood did you go through on that amazingly kind gesture, and awesome looking cook? Thank you for posting.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    That looks great. I have a feeling you're going to be getting a lot more requests for the catering going forward.
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    Options
    i would devour that LOOKS GREAT! it was very nice of you to help your friend out have a great day
    Thanks vegas slim! 

Minnesota