Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - SV Sirloin Kabobs on the Blackstone

Options
tarheelmatt
tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
I made these up to take to a get together this past weekend.  Ended up, there was so much food cooked, these didn't make it, but I wished they did.  These were awesome.  

Started out with some sirloin cut into cubes.  Marinated in some worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and ginger sauce (pre made Asian sauce at the Japaneses steak house).  SV temp was set a 135° and I bathed them for about 3 hours.  Super tender. Just added the sauce, skewered them, bagged them, and into the bath.  

Neat thing I did with these, as they were to be appetizers, I took a longer wooden skewer, added four pieces of meat, cut the skewer, and repeated.  Was able to get three small skewers per.  

Made some Jasmine rice with turmeric, chicken powder, butter, onion, salt, and pepper.  

Did some squash, bell pepper, and onion along with the kabobs.  

Took extra marinade and some juice from the SV bag and added to the kabobs while cooking and also to the veggies.  Very good.  

https://youtu.be/kRTAoU4-860

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments