Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Had a Boston Butt that needed to be cooked. Tried something different. Sliced instead of pulled.

Options
Cooked it at 325-350 for 4 hours until internal hit around 165. Wrapped in foil for about 45 mintutes then sliced it as an him as I could. Came out great. Great flavor and it was very moist. Not tough at all. 

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Looks great. My advice is cook till 180-185. Will still slice but will be more tender. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    never tried sliced but looks good!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    I use this method for Cuban style pork roast.  Marinade it overnight in Goya mojo criollo marinade and take it to 175 with no wood and basting with the Goya.  When the family wants a break from pulled smoked pork this is always their favorite   

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That looks EXCELLENT!! Never tried a sliced butt, but between yours and @Webass' mojo criollo suggestion, I think it'll happen soon!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Coach292
    Coach292 Posts: 39
    Options
    That looks EXCELLENT!! Never tried a sliced butt, but between yours and @Webass' mojo criollo suggestion, I think it'll happen soon!
    The flavor was great. Used Mikey's coffee rub on the outside and it still sucked in all that great smoke flavor. I have a pecan tree in my yard so I just grabbed a few dead twigs on the ground and threw that in the coals too. Great to make sandwiches the next day. Can eat it like cold cuts or heat it up.